Are you planning to install a new floor into your home? There might be many different flooring options made available. However, when it comes to style and practicality, the vinyl floor is a highly important option to take. Vinyl flooring is also durable, and many homeowners and business owners begin to give high marks and positive feedbacks on this particular type of flooring due to its longer lasting quality and durability.
Vinyl floor pertains to building material crafted from polyvinyl chloride known as PVC. This is made of carefully engineered products rather than original materials. Vinyl floor is almost similar to linoleums but is said to be more durable. Vinyl flooring is for commercial areas such as shopping malls, offices and also in residential areas such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens. There are two types of vinyl flooring: the inlaid vinyl and the printed vinyl floor.
The Pros and Cons of Vinyl Floor
Though it is a given reality that vinyl floor is a highly practical and stylish flooring solution, individuals still need to know the pros and cons of vinyl floor.
- Vinyl floor is cheaper and easier to maintain.
- This type of flooring is said to be highly resistant to moisture.
- Its excellent quality makes it more suitable for kitchen and bathroom flooring
- This can also be great flooring for areas with heavy traffic like shopping centers, schools, and offices.
- The underlay of the vinyl floor adds insulation and gives comfort to the feet.
- The vinyl floor cannot be polished or refinished.
- This looks dull and loses its luster over time and can also wear down.
But though there are some drawbacks in vinyl flooring its good points and advantages still outweigh the negatives. This also remains a practical and stylish flooring option that you can consider.